Business Card Exchanges Guidelines:
- Cards are exchanged at the beginning of a meeting; make sure you have enough available for everyone.
- It is best to stand up when exchanging cards with those of higher rank.
- Facing your counterpart, bow slightly and hand your card (with the Japanese side pointing up!) either with your right hand or both hands. The same rule applies when receiving a card from someone else.
- Make time to review your counterpart's card carefully. You might want to speak his/her name and position to be sure of correct pronunciation. If the meaning of his/her job position is in any way unclear, it would not hurt to ask for an explanation. Basically, you want to show interest in and respect to the other party.
- DO NOT shove the card into your back trouser pocket!
- The Japanese hand out their business card at the drop of a hat. Don't be left out! Give your card to anyone that you want to hear from again. You'll likely go through a lot more cards during your trip to Japan than you would back home.
- Have a nice time when you visit japan -with best wishes :>Balamurugan